The Southern Shirt Company is looking for a talented graphic designer to join our amazing team in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The ideal graphic designer will have interest in the fashion and apparel industry, and be proficient in the main Adobe Suite of products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
The graphic designer will work on various projects including but not limited to: website media and content, social media marketing campaigns, email newsletters (Mailchimp), product catalogs, tradeshow materials, retail signage, and more.
The idea candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys producing content on a daily basis, and loves to take projects from idea to completion in an organized manner.
The Graphic Designer will also:
- Conduct research of various competitive brands and their product designs and marketing campaigns to better position the Southern Shirt’s marketing efforts within the competitive landscape
- Ensure graphics and marketing materials have a consistent creative direction and brand identity
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Enjoy growing skill set and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Maintain awareness of current selling information, market trends and conditions.
- Work together with Merchandising, Design and Production teams
- Have great eye for good layouts, typography, and meaning / purpose behind created content
The primary responsibility of the Graphic Designer is to ensure our brand is enhanced by professional media content that supports marketing efforts through web, social, and print. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the creative director, social media manager, and media project manager to successfully complete creative services, which contribute to the success of our apparel company
- 2+ years Graphic Design experience, preferably in the apparel industry
- BA in Graphic Design, Advertising, Media Production, Fashion or other relevant field.
- Exceptional Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills. Must be current.
- Ability to lead as a contributor, but also take direction and work with a team.
- Obsessive attention to detail at all levels of graphic design and presentation
- Strong communication and teamwork skills necessary to collaborate and sell your designs and marketing materials to co-workers and upper management.
- Ability to work with photographers to feature new designs and apparel attractively for print and web based marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to use time-management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in photography is a plus.